Salons Personal Care
YOUR CLIENTS EXPECT PERSONALIZED SERVICE. YOU CAN COUNT ON THE SAME FROM US.
BUSINESS OWNER’S POLICY
Most small barber shops and beauty salons purchase a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP). It can help protect your business in much the same way that a homeowners policy helps protect your home and personal possessions. Hartford’s Business Owner’s Policy includes:
• Business Property insurance to help protect the property you own, lease or rent.
• Business Liability coverage to help protect your business in the event it is responsible for causing harm to a person and/or damage to property.
• Business Income coverage to help protect lost income when a business is forced to close due to direct physical loss or damage
to its premises resulting from a covered cause of loss.
EXAMPLES OF OPTIONAL COVERAGES
BARBER SHOPS OR SALONS LIKE YOURS OFTEN BUY
In addition to among the most robust liability and property coverages available, The Hartford also offers a wide range of optional coverages that can help tailor your insurance program. Coverage is available to
help protect your business if:
• Professional Liability. You’re sued by a client claiming you did not cut her hair in the style she requested, causing her to lose a job opportunity.
• Data Breach. Sensitive personal information (e.g., Social security numbers, bank account information) you collect or store on your employees/clients is lost or stolen.
• Tenant’s Legal Liability. Your landlord sues you because of damage you cause to the property you rent or to a neighboring tenant’s property from something as small as a clogged drain, for instance.
• Business Income for Off-Premises Utility Services. Business income is lost because you need to suspend operations due to the loss of power, water or communication services caused by physical loss or damage to utility company property, not on your premises.
• Electronic Data. Pays to replace or restore electronic data that has been destroyed, corrupted or made inaccessible by a computer virus or covered cause of loss. Coverage applies on a policy year basis (similar to an annual aggregate).
• Interruption of Computer Operations. Helps cover the loss of business income and incurred extra expenses when the policyholder is unable to operate their business due to the destruction or corruption of electronic data caused by a computer virus or covered cause of loss. Coverage applies on a policy year basis (similar to an annual aggregate).
• Stretch®. Many optional coverages offered by The Hartford are also available in cost-effective packages called Stretch®. This gives you the flexibility to customize your insurance program while offering good value for your insurance dollar.
For a small business like yours, one employee’s absence can be felt by the whole team. It’s why, for over a century, The Hartford’s workers’ comp program has set the standard for injured worker care, helping employees quickly return to health and productivity.
The Hartford also offers XactPay,3 which allows you to pay your workers’ comp policy premiums based on actual payroll instead of last year’s headcount, helping to manage your cash flow
The Hartford’s policy combines innovative product features, safe choice discounts and exceptional claim service. Our Accident Forgiveness Program recognizes that “bad things happen to good people.” So customers with safe driving records aren’t penalized for “nuisance” claims or charged for an accident if they’ve been claim free.
Help improve the cash flow of your business.
• ZERO down payment
• NO monthly billing or finance fees
• NO service charges
• NO more late payments
• MINIMAL audit adjustments
24/7 MY ACCOUNT ACCESS
My Account offers 24/7 policy access to a number of simple services anytime, and anywhere it’s convenient.
• Pay online, there’s even AutoPay so you’ll never miss a payment
• Go paperless to receive documents and statements via email
• Send us documents electronically with our easy upload feature
• Get most Certificates of Insurance instantly
• File a claim at your convenience
• Track status and payments with real-time updates